cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade via Web Not Actioned or Even Visible

Gravitate
Joining in

I recently renewed my contract online. The same package (M500) but at a reduced cost. All seems to have gone smoothly with that, so I was quite pleased.

I was then offered (via my account page), an upgrade to Gig1 speed and Mixit TV package, for roughly what I was paying prior to my re-contracting (plus a one off of £70 for new equipment, which is fair enough).

I accepted the offer and received the contract summary sheet, contract information sheet, and an order confirmation (which includes and order number). The order confirmation says that it usually takes 7-10 days to activate, which is fair enough considering that they need to send out the TV box and Hub 5 in that time.

However, 3 days later, I have not heard anything more, and when I go onto my "Orders and Appointments" page, it is not listed. Slightly concerned, I rang them to check when I should expect the hub and TV box to be delivered. They said they had no record of my order. Even after giving them my order number... their order number, which was generated by their system. I was told they could raise a new order for me, but the "Mixit TV" is not available with the 1 Gig broadband (ridiculous - is 1 Gig too fast to be able to run Mixit TV?!?!?), and I would have to get "Mega TV" and pay about twice as much as they had previously confirmed.

I explained that I didn't want a new package putting together, I just wanted the order I had already placed to be actioned. They said they couldn't help but would put me through to retentions who would be able to.

After being put through, they also had no record of their own order number. But said it can take 48-72 hours for web orders to appear on the system. I feel like I was just being fobbed off so that I will be speaking to someone else when I ring back on Monday when it still isn't showing on my account.

So, is this normal? Is the order likely to appear on my account in the next few days and the equipment turn up in the post at any time? I don't really mind if it takes longer to set up, as long as they honour the price that was agreed.

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gravitate,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there seems to be a complication with an order that you made online. I'm going to send you a private message shortly so that I can take some further details and have a closer look. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!