cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn off paper billing

Jr10
Tuning in

I’m being charged £1.50 a month for paper bills which I do not want.

Ive tried calling Virgin media to turn this off and am told it’s not something that can be done by the agent, and that I have to do it.

however the my Virgin media portal does not match the instructions given to do it https://my.virginmedia.com/discover/welcome/your-bill/ebilling.html_1

the only option I can see is “communication preferences” which is already set to “ebills / email” yet I am still being charged for paper billing.

Please can someone help me turn this off?

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jr10 👋 Welcome back to the community! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear these concerns about paper billing. Thanks for flagging to us your difficulties getting this changed via My VM too. 

We can certainly ensure this is turned off for you. It looks like you are already in a PM with my colleague Gareth who is offering support, and will get this sorted. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

tomvaughan77
Joining in

I'm getting the same issue too.

I've dug through every screen and interface in both the My Virgin Media website and app. It is currently impossible to turn off the paperless billing charge without agent assistance, and getting agent assistance (over the phone anyway) is extremely difficult as they are still operating off incorrect scripts - there is no "my profile" section anymore for example.

Can someone please help me turn this off and refund me £3.50 for the past two bills where I have been incorrectly charged as my communication preferences have been set to "ebills / email" the entire time?

Hey @tomvaughan77,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, on the MYVM, if you open the app and then scroll down to account settings and then account details, you should have the option in front of you to edit your Communication preference, from there you should be able to toggle it to ebilling, you should also have the option to do this from within the billing tab, can you confirm if you have tried both of these?

Joe

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I can confirm I have checked both of these - my Communication Preference in the Account Settings tab is, and always has been set to eBills / Email / Text.

There is no option to change this available within the Billing tab, only options to change direct debit details and download a PDF of the bills shown there.

Please advise with next steps

Many thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom 👋.

Thanks for the update on this, could you please join me in a private message to look into this further. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina