cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminate my contract please

boonchoo56
Joining in

Hi

I write with regards to my virgin contract, which is due to expire on 3 December 2022. I would like to inform you that I do not intend to renew my contract once it expires on 3 December 2022.

For your information, I did attempt to contact Virgin media several times in October 2022 when I was in the UK to say that I would be out of the country for a few months from November 2022 and will, therefore, not require to renew my contract. I was not able to speak to anyone from your department, who could deal with this. In fact, I was put from pillar to post.  I am now abroad and will be away from the UK for several months.

I hereby give notice that I will not be renewing my virgin contract when it expires on 3 December.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Boon Choo Soon

12 REPLIES 12

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @boonchoo56, thanks for your post here, although I'm sorry that you wish to leave this and have had difficulties in handing in your notice with us.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, I have an email from virgin media requesting to collect the kit. Unfortunately, I am out of the country.
I promised to return the kit as soon as I return. Please allow me a few months to do this.

Thank you.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey boonchoo56, thanks for this update.

We're glad to see you've managed to cancel your contract and services and you now need to return the kit so we can close the account for you.
Since you're abroad, a collection would not work unless you have someone to be there and hand the kit over to our staff.

Please, check this link here where you can order your own returns package and send the equipment back to us anytime, instead of us collecting it.
We'd also like to advise that in case you've been charged for not returning the hub and TV boxes back to us (this is normal as it's done automatically) and once we have received and processed your return these will be waived off and rectified.

Let us know how you get on and if you need more help or advice, happy to offer it.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dear Adri

Thank you very much for your understanding. I will request for the returns package when I am back. You have my word that I will definitely return the HUB once I am back. 

Kind regards and warmest greetings to you, 

Boon Choo 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your response, boochoo56.
No problems at all, please just be aware our system may send automatic communication to remind you of this equipment that needs returning.
We cannot stop this from being sent so please ignore these until you're able to return your hub.
Enjoy your time abroad, tell us how things go when you're back.
We'd be happy to know it's sorted 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

I just wanted to let you know I am back in UK. I would be grateful if a staff can collect the HUB which I promised to return on my return to the country.

However, I was wondering if I could reconnect to Virgin Broadband again. The only thing is I am only going to be here for 6 months. Are you able to do a deal for me? 

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you. My mobile is [MOD EDIT: Removed]

Boon Choo 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Boon Choo,

You should be able to take out a rolling  broadband contract. It's slightly more expensive than the usual 18 month contract, but means there won't be any early disconnection fees..

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/rolling-contract 

When you reach the end of the 30 days, your rolling broadband contract automatically rolls over into the next month, giving you another 30 days access to the internet. This will continue each month until you decide to end the agreement and give VM  your 30 days cancellation notice. 

It would be best to place the order online, however you can also contact the sales team on 0800 0643840  or use the sms system on on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 (if doing so from abroad the UK code is +44)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Newapollo

Thank you for this. I am thinking about the offers.

Can I confirm with you that you are a staff from Virgin and my communication with you is not shared to the community?. 

Thank you. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @boonchoo56 

Sorry, as per my signature - I don't work for Virgin Media.

@Adri_G and @Tom_W1 who have already answered you on this thread are both members of VM staff. 

As per https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/Staff 

How can I identify a Virgin Media staff member?

The Virgin Media Community is run by a dedicated team of staff, you can identify a staff member through the following:

They have a title under their name as Forum Team, Moderator, or Community Manager

They have a Virgin Media logo next to their name like the one below 

infinity.png

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali