cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s happened with Virgin Support?

IrinaOxley
Tuning in

Since my mobile account was moved to O2 in August my problems seems never stop. 
I spent two full workdays on the phone to resolve relatively small issues. The problem is that different people give different answers and pass from one person to another if they don’t know the answer. Today I had problems with biometrics and even after remote session a person hasn’t done anything, but just passed me to the billing (!) department. There is no technical available any more, I was sent to “Gadget” something department where you are supposed to pay for the service. At the end I was shouted at by a member of the staff when I insisted that it isn’t a problem with my devices, but with my Virgin Media account. Eventually that person stepped back and admitted it is a technical issue. They logged a call, but no email to follow. In meantime my account doesn’t show the additional payments that I made previously. I wonder why this nightmarish experience that reported many other customers gets unnoticed by Virgin. I remember time when I had my problems resolved within twenty minutes during the call, but now nobody seems to bother. I need to review my package, but I think it is getting very expensive to spend this time on the phone and would it be better to move somewhere else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do make sure it is cancelled and refunded as you did not request it or consent to it being added to your bill. Call 0345 454 1111 to action this. You could quote the 14 day cooling off period if it helps. See https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/homeworks

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IrinaOxley,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for any delays, just to clarify regarding the matter are you experiencing issues with just the account setup or is this also affecting your mobile service?

Let us know,

Kain

IrinaOxley
Tuning in

I don’t have a Virgin mobile any more, but I cannot login into my Virgin Media portal account to see my bills etc. Something went wrong with biometrics. I think it is an issue of my account reset like millions of others accounts. The team responsible for setting up the biometrics on the user account must know how to reset an account, but it it looks that absolutely NOBODY in Virgin support have any ideas how to run the support service and what information is required from the customer. A person in the “Gadget” department did a remote session with me, saw everything with his own eyes and transferred me to the BILLS department! The same person began installing another browser on my laptop without even asking a permission, switching off the options in the browser without saying a word. This is a non-professional behaviour, absolutely terrifying to be honest to think that these people are getting access to the systems.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IrinaOxley,

Thanks for getting back to us. We are really keen to help you and we're sorry for the issues you've experienced so far.

So we can understand and ensure we provide you with the best help, can you please clarify what device exactly you're having issues with? Is it just your laptop? Are you referring to the biometrics on your laptop? If so, this would be an issue with the laptop itself and wouldn't fall under our service. 

We would usually refer you to speak with Gadget Rescue only if we believe that the issue is with your device and not one of our services.

Do let us know,

Beth

Oh, Beth! 

The key word here is "believe". This word shouldn't be used in the technical support. How would you know what the issue is without the investigation? I repeated the same information to 3 non-technical people, one person from the gadget support and one more person from the support under the Option 2. The last person shouted at me before consulting with his colleagues and FINALLY admitting that it is a technical issue and logging the call.

As I explained it to 5 people and demonstrated the issue to one of them, this issue repeats on every device AND EVERY BROWSER and, therefore, has nothing to do with the device. The 5th person admitted it and I would say that the only thing that needs to be done is to reset my account so I could configure the biometrics from the beginning.

Apart from anything else it took 4 hours. Do you really think it is acceptable? The same is a new support person don't bother to read the previous records and repeats from the same script?

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Irina please ensure that VM have not added "Home Works" or "Gadget Rescue" to your bill. They are recurring and largely unnecessary. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Thanks - there is Homeworks! I didn't ask for them! What it it?

Do make sure it is cancelled and refunded as you did not request it or consent to it being added to your bill. Call 0345 454 1111 to action this. You could quote the 14 day cooling off period if it helps. See https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/homeworks

Hi IrinaOxley,

I will send you a private message so I can take your account details and look into this further for you. We are doing our best to help, however you have not told us the issue you're experiencing specifically.

I can also help to remove Homeworks off of your account for you.

Please look out for my message.

Thanks,

Beth

Hi Beth,

I replied to the private message and yes, please remove Homeworks from my account from its start date. I never asked for it, sorry. 

Many thanks,

Irina