cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Virgin Media router - where to send it?

JR_666
On our wavelength

After more than 10 years with VM, I have left. 

But nothing is easy with VM is it? I couldn't find any way of ending my subscription except by sending a letter! After several weeks I got a response and eventually an acknowledgement. 

But now I am in the debacle of the 'return kit'. Here's the last and final scam this company tries to play on you. I received an email telling me they wanted their kit back - all good. And on that same email was link to order pre-addressed packaging to return the router. Still good. 

Except nothing arrived after 3-4 days, so I hit the link in the email again and requested more packaging. Few days, nothing arrived. Total of 4 times I requested packaging - nothing has arrived. Then a 'threat' email ... "if we don't get our kit back we are charging you £40". 

Then an engineer turned up unannounced when I wasn't in. I arranged an alternative date. He didn't turn up.

I'm in credit ... but they have now billed me £40 for kit they are quite likely going to put in a skip. Goodbye credit.

This company is a scam from beginning to end. 

Anyone know the address for returning VM kit?

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JR_666 

Welcome back to the community forums 

So sorry to hear that you feel this way and have left us. 

Pre-paid returns packaging can take up to 10 working days to arrive, but you can print your own returns labelling here and drop off at your nearest collect plus point. Keep a hold of your receipt as this will have your tracking number on it to track your return online. Once received the charge will be removed from the account. 

Alternatively, the door step collection team should be in touch again to arrange another time/date for you to collect the equipment. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

JR_666
On our wavelength

hiI know you mean to be helpful, but you should verify the link first. The link does not link to a print my own 'returns label'. It's the same link I've already used 4 times to request packaging. 

Hi JR_666

I'm really sorry that you haven't received your equipment returns pack through this link. That must be frustrating.

I've sent you a private message so we can look into this further with you. We'll be able to remove the charge if necessary or arrange another collection.

Thanks,

Beth

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JR_666 

There is a link to print your own returns label on the page provided by @Carley_S however it's right down at the bottom under the How to recycle equipment section, sub-section Non-Virgin Media & Older Virgin Equipment.

Anyway, you can use the following link to print your own label

https://www.yodel.co.uk/returns/virgin 

When using your own packaging, be sure to enclose a covering letter with your name and account address and account number, equipment returned etc, and keep a copy of the returns receipt that the store gives to you.

You can use either or both of the following links to find your nearest returns store (they contain different addresses)

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/find-a-store 

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/store-locator?v=2. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JR_666
On our wavelength

Thanks for all the links ... although why someone who doesn't work for Virginmedia is able to provide something that VM can't provide either through their call centre or from their website remains a puzzle to me. 

So, after five requests for packaging and two failed collections, finally the kit was collected. And then the packaging turned up. It just about sums up this company. 

So, goodbye ... I will not miss you. 

Hi JR_666,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see it took so many attempts to return your old kit, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We are sorry that you have now left, we wish you all the luck with your new provider, if you do wish to come back in the future we will be happy to have you.

Regards

Paul.