cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement?

Kendall27
Just joined

Been with virgin for 6 years now. How often should the TV box/device be replaced?

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They do not need or get replaced unless there is fault.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Kendall27, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Can you please confirm if there are any faults or concerns in relation to the set top box that our team would need to be made aware?

Thanks,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Technology always moves on, and what is cutting-edge-kit 10 years ago (TiVo, for example), is now elderly hardware by current standards.

But otherwise, if it ain't broke - don't fix it!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"But otherwise, if it ain't broke - don't fix it!"
Unless you have very very deep pockets!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you have a TiVo and upgrade to TV package which includes UHD you'll get a mandatory upgrade to a 360.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not so sure the TV360 will be compulsory, a V6 certainly would be.

The golden rule so far is "TV360 exclusive" mandates a conversion. Currently that's Paramount & Disney+ subscriptions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks