cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Price

Sharmanana82
Joining in

Hi,

Just looking for a sense of expected best prices for a contract renewal? I'm looking at M350, with basic TV and landline.

My original contract was incorrectly setup, where i was charged for £71 a month with a £38 credit, to correctly give me a £33 contract. What it means now though is all my renewal offers are in the £70 range, which sadly shows your renewals are based on your currents contracts, rather than what's the right price for the service they're offering. I've tried to contact Virgin support twice, but depending on who you get on a given day, doesn't seem to be any consistency to what can be done. Virgin Media have definitely been the hardest company I've ever tried to interact with.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sharmanana82, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with chatting to us about your renewal options. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sharmanana82
Joining in

Just for anyone who views this post, for an update, i decided (stupdily?) to renew, despite a really poor joining experience, i thought that might be a one off. Sadly not - I'd been offered Volt M250 for £33 with £5 rolling credit and then 4GB O2 SIM for £5 - £33 a month total. So nearly a week in, i was assured twice that i would receive a contract amendment regards my £5 rolling credit (as it's not in the pre-contract), still no sign of that so i know I'll get billed wrong like when i first joined and have to spend a lot of my time chasing that. The 4GB SIM is actually a 2GB SIM, but Volt customers get double data - happy with that - but O2 doesn't recognise I'm a Volt customer and probably won't for a month until contract starts...so I've been mis-sold a 2GB SIM for a month as i won't get what I'm paying for and the SIM has already been made active. I really thought my first experience of bad account handling was a one off, but it's really not - i definitely won't be making the mistake of expecting it to be sorted after my 14 day cancellation period this time round. Would just urge any new potential customers to make sure you get everything on writing or avoid if at all possible

Hey Sharmanana82, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

With a rolling credit we wouldn't send a contract out with this on because we can't.

This is why we add a rolling credit to bring the cost down, once you see your bill you will understand this.

I can see you've spoke to someone did they help with this?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?