cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPI Price Increase - confused about email

novolizer
Tuning in

Hi,

I recently renewed by contract for broadband and landline on 15th February. I'm a little confused as during the negotiations with the retentions team member on the phone, I was informed that I would not be subject to the annual RPI related price increase until April 2025. When checking my online account, it shows the same thing (screenshot attached).

However, I've received an email on 7/3/24 which suggests I am subject to the price increase next month. I'm rather confused as to which applies to me, as if I am subject to increase, then I was potentially misled by the retentions team. 

Please could someone from the Virgin Community Forum Team help clarify this please?

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-03-17 121230.png

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"chatter *Monthly price of Virgin Media main services will increase each April from April 2025"
From this in the letter I take it o increase until next year, 2025.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

That's how I've interpreted things, but I've been burnt before with VM (and false promises) so wanted to have something to confirm this.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's possible the automated email you've received ref an increase in April 2024 was generated prior to the package change in Feb fully working through.

You appear to have all the documentary proof of no increase in April 2024 that could reasonably be expected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks