cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mislead information by sales agent caused me increase in bills

danialkhilji
Joining in

The sales agent just called me and told me that my bils are going to increase to 96£ in July 2024 (my current bill is 39£) so she offered me an upgrade to 47£ a month. To fill you in, I started my contract in February 2024 with Virgin media and its been only few months. I asked her twice if my bill is really going to increase in this July and she said yes. Confused me, said yes to the package upgrade. After the call, I checked my contract papers and it clearly says that my bills will increase to 96£ in 19th month which will be September 2025 (and not July 2024). I am surprised why they gave me such misleading information and caused me to waste so much of my money.

I am curious if its common with virgin media customers because I am new to Virgin media. I will probably not continue with them after my “new mislead increase in contract” but I want to know if its just me who they mislead.

1 REPLY 1

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I won't say it's deliberate, but there are many reports of people being confused by sales staff with new contracts and 'upgrades'.

If you have been put on a new contract, you can cancel it and revert to the old one within 14 days, without any penalty. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.