cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENEWAL is impossible

VROODER
Joining in

VirginRenewal.pngOver a decade with Virgin and have lived their different levels of customer service over the years when it comes to renewal.

And now, in 2024, a massive step backwards that indicates no one from Virgin have walked the UX journey themselves to renew which, I assume, was put in place to make renewal easier.

Bearing in mind that like many people, evenings is the best time to look at contracts.

Well, let's go by the steps:

1. You send emails and the links don't work to see my options.  This is both direct and when I have signed in then try the links (see attached "oops")
2. Banners like "Planning ahead to 2025" again are a dead end with the same oops.
3. WhatsApp: "Our team usually gets back to you in two hours"....well, the auto-questions, you end up in a loop with no way to message.  Well done.  Your WhatsApp is useless.

So....I called.  And 15 minutes later, it is done.  

To the team putting together the renewal journey.
At the top of the white board, it should say: Make the journey quick and simple.
They didn't read that line.  So fire them all.  Seriously.  They represent Virgin and are not even worthy of the clown make-up they wear.
Then build a journey that isn't flawed.
Make the email say "Sign into your virgin media account to see your options"
Then have a clear banner with the actual word RENEWAL included.  Simple. Nothing "plan ahead", see your options, etc.  The word RENEWAL.

And on the site, create a simple way to send a message.  There is no simple way.  And as far as I could see, no way to send a message on WhatsApp for your team to get back to me. 

Have worked in UX.  Have worked with customer journeys.  It should be a couple of clicks.  Why Virgin Media make it so difficult to reach out to them.

In the end, 0345 which I found by searching google.  Not via your site. 

Contact us....ya, right.  Take it down.  Build it again.  
Contact us>Email-phone-mail-whatapp-quick links to help
Two clicks and people get to what they need instead of a stream of clicks through help.  

Someone from customer service or management try the journeys.  You might be quite shocked by what you find

23 REPLIES 23

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @VROODER 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this experience. Is this error only when clicking through the email you've received, or when you try and access your online offers yourself through logging in unprompted? 

In relation to contacting us, all methods can be found here - https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/contact-us

I can see from a system check that you have got everything sorted but please keep us posted if you need further help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

phillmass
Joining in

I'm having the exact same experience as this; and have had to google the phone number to call so I can now cancel Virgin after 8 years. Horrible renewal experience, and if I don't call my package prices are going to double.

Hi there @phillmass 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your account, can I ask if you were able to speak to our teams about a package at all? Were they not able to offer anything suitable?

PhilLFC85
Tuning in

this error is on absolutely everything on the website nothing at all works constant barrage of oops something went wrong

Hi @PhilLFC85 thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Is there anything in particular that you're looking to do via the website, that we can help support with please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Zombieslugger
Tuning in

So, same issue for me. Website, App, all garbage. I'm looking to renew my contract as I'm currently paying stupid out of contract prices and

"oops" 

Looks like something's gone wrong.

We couldn't find the page you're looking for.

Really bugging me at this point why is your app/website so broken. Please help and fix this..... 

Hi @Zombieslugger 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

Given the situation, we'd suggest contacting our customer relations team to discuss renewing your contract.

The best number on which to call them is 0345 454 1111 (Option one, then four, then four), or 150 from a Virgin Media landline. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Daniel

So, you just don't want to acknowledge that the entire app and website is dog water? Instead of telling people to call, which in 2024 is ridiculous. Fix the app/website. What are this people even paid for!? I work nights and often struggle to make time for calling companies.

grizz
Dialled in

i followed the call option that sent me an offer via text message

upon following the link i get the oops message yet again

been trying since jan when my contract expired to sort it

quite possibly the worst maintained website i've seen in decades