cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old hub returns email lists old hubs to return too, these were previously returned...

robbiekhan
Up to speed

I've cancelled with VM recently and today got the email stating I need to return the Hub 5, which is fine as I arranged with live chat to get it collected within 4-5 days.

The email also lists the previous hubs from years prior. The issue is that these were returned back then anyway. In fact when the hub 5 was installed (self install kit) the previous hub was returned in the box with the label included I recall. Prior to that the old hub was taken away by the engineer too. So I have no additional hubs to return other than the hub 5 which is being collected.

Who needs to be notified of this error on VM's system does anyone know?

robbiekhan_0-1701693667230.png

13 REPLIES 13

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @robbiekhan,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With regards to your return, you have mentioned this being collected, is this by an engineer? If so they will be able to mark the other items on the return as already having been returned.

Joe

Hello, yes doorstep collection was one of the options so I chose that. So when they come to collect I will cite that the previous ones have been previously returned/collected.

I actually ended up on live chat and Rafael on the chat said to just ignore the email and that everything is sorted on VM's end ad that there are no issues. Transcript saved of course for obvious reasons as it would not be the first time being burned by VM.

That's okay @robbiekhan 

If there's any issues, let us know and we can ensure the previous equipment is removed from the account if required.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There appears to be an issue. I just got an email this monring saying a virgin media package is on its way via Yodel. Why is there a package on its way to me? is this the returns kit? Why is this being sent when twice on the phone VM have confirmed doorstep collection would be made within 4-5 days, then 10 days?

Nobody has yet to arrange the doorstep collection by the way.

Thanks for coming back to us robbiekhan,

We normally send our returns packaging via Royal mail. For our equipment returns we normally ask you send this back to us via a Collect+ shop or Yodel. 

So, we can take a look at what has happened on your account and confirm why you have been sent this email, I will pop you over a private message so we can take some details.

Please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi robbiekhan, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm pleased to say this has now been resolved for you. We have removed the old hub from the required returns list and you will not be charged for this. 

Please ensure you return any other equipment listed though to avoid any other charges. 

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back to us here and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi thanks, do you mean old hubs (plural)? As the list contains two old hubs that were returned ages ago as mentioned.

Thanks.

You'd just need to return the hub you currently have as the old equipment has been removed. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

robbiekhan
Up to speed

Jjust to update, doorstep collection still has not been in contact. I note that th2 22nd December is the date the original notice from VM said the hub needs to be returned by. I won't bother chasing this up any more, if they arrange a collection or not, it's on them as I've done my part and don't have time to keep chasing this I'm afraid.