cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours cable!

JessicaDye
Tuning in

Dear vm.

We are not currently customers but we were planning to switch over soon as new fibre has been laid in our area. (Cm8 2)  However are now wondering whether to bother, as my next door neighbour had their fibre fitter on the 16/01/2024. The installation team have come along and wondered about our property (front garden), dug a very messy line into the garden, and installed the cable without bothering to ask if they could go through our garden. They've left a mess, moved our piece of wood to dig underneath and not put it back correctly, and had no regard to how it looks, big chunks of mud left along the garden. Whilst I appreciate it is currently winter, so is not the nicest of gardens at the minute. We do have plans to dig up the garden in the summer/spring time to completely renovate it. We are now also worried this cable is going to end up cut as we are digging up/out roots to a few bushes ect. We have had to come here to complain, because unless you are a virgin media customer which we are not currently, you can not get through to anyone. 

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JessicaDye, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this,

Have you spoke to your neighbours to see what is going on, the team could of only done part one of the installation they might not of done the 2nd bit yet.

Please let us know if you have spoke to them and if so what they have advised once we know this we can take a look at sending you a PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It is all installed as far as the neighbours are aware 

Have you asked the neighbours to see if they are expecting anyone back to take a look at this?

What have they said about it have they been in touch with us? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It is not a problem for our neighbours, as it goes straight through our garden and not theirs.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Post some photos.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

1000012029.jpg

1000012034.jpg

1000012032.jpg

  

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Usually when services are applied for, if we need to go through another garden then wayleave would be requested. If this hasn't happened it means we would already have the wayleave permission on file. I can only apologise that you weren't advised about this in advance. 

The teams also usually come back out to ensure everything is left in the same state as before the work was done. As we don't have access to your neighbours account, it wouldn't be possible to check this. 

Please get your neighbours to get in touch with us so we can have a closer look at this and get things put right. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs