Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't renew, chat doesn't work - phone lines useless

frustrateduser7
Joining in

Managing Your Account - Cable

Dear anyone,

If I try to renew online - I get an error "Oops - looks like something went wrong". Call Virgin, "oh no we give you any better discount on your internet than what you'd see online" - promptly get hung up on as a I query getting a better offer. I've also been sent a new router, and then randomly charged an activation fee. I tried again to call and I'm currently stuck on the phone to a random lady - who is just typing loudly and ignoring me as I say "hello, hello, hello, hello" having been here for 30 minutes.

This is absolutely shambolic. I just want to renew my contract, for a reasonable price - and have the extra charges for getting a new router - which I was promised I wouldn't pay - removed from my impending bill. HOW IS ANYTHING THIS DIFFICULT?

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi frustrateduser7,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with renewing your contract. 

To confirm, have you been able to try different web browsers for your online account?

^Martin

Yes, neither Safari or Chrome make any difference - the issue appears to be a fundamental one with my account

What error is it giving you? 

Is it just that one or is there another?

Did you request this new router? 

Can you put a screenshot of all the errors you are getting here please.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 09.43.38.png

frustrateduser7
Joining in

It's this error if I click "Explore your renewal Deal" or any of the "Renew" links - it does not matter - it just gives this error.

andy114
Joining in

hi ,frustrateduser7.i have the same problem as yourself.my contract runs out soon so clicking on the various links and web pages nothing is avalible to view for a new contract price/bundle.same problem using phone/laptop/tablet/pc
20240423_095443.jpg

Sorry to hear this, have we emailed you a offer or are you just trying to do a renewal online?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?