cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home but different VM Service checks show different results on availability?

CyprusMan
Tuning in

I have checked if services are available at my new property but the standard non account check doesn't say no but doesn't say yes, and the one within my account stated yes.

I move next Wednesday 7th 2024. Can someone help me figure out if I can get services or not? If not can you help me cancel the current services on Wednesday but if I can get services can you help me to initiate the move?

I've mistakenly put this in Volt. This is for VM broadband and TV.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi CyprusMan 

Wishing you good luck with in your new home.

What does the postcode checker say on the following page?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home 

You need to speak to the Home Move team (option 4) when calling either 150 from a VM landline or a VM mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CyprusMan thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

It's unclear exactly what you mean in terms of what you can see, perhaps you could supply screenshots to back this up for you?

As mentioned by @newapollo we'd advise speaking to our Home Movers team and they can advise accordingly for you and get this resolved.

We hope this helps!
Many thanks

Tom_W