cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we pay a month in advance for services?

KITCAT1
Joining in

Had virgin installed on 21 December and was told my first payment would be on 22 February and this would be a double payment. 

I've discovered that a double payment was debited from my bank on 22 January. Can you please advise me if we pay in advance for Virgin Media's services. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you check the entries on your monthly bill, it will show the dates to which each line relates.

VM_Bill_dates.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @KITCAT1 👋🏼 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media community forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion in relation to the VM billing.
Once the services are activated - the first bill is produced after 10 days and the agreed payment date is set for each month.

The first months billing is for 2 months which is correct, and yes we do charge our bills in advance.
Have you got any confirmation which advises you of the first payment date? Try to avoid posting any personal information.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you check the entries on your monthly bill, it will show the dates to which each line relates.

VM_Bill_dates.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes, I've got the name of the advisor but I don't wish to get anyone in trouble... 

It's an oversight or misinformation on the advisors part but I wouldn't want to complain... Life is too hard for those working in the Customer Services sector. 

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

So forgive me if i'm being stupid here, if we do  make a double payment at the start of our contract then surely we should get that back at the end of our contract no? because if we don't that would mean VM would be receiving an extra month payment.

Again if I'm missing something obvious please correct me.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HavencroftKev wrote:

if we do  make a double payment at the start of our contract then surely we should get that back at the end of our contract no?g obvious please correct me.

All covered at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/refund 

In almost all cases, a standard bill is produced before disconnection that will cover a substantial period post-disconnection - as billing continues until the day your services are cancelled.

The final bill then has a credit for the unused period post disconnection.

I see, thanks for the clarity. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's also why you shouldn't be in a hurry to cancel your direct debit on leaving VM as you may not get your fianl credit.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection