cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reach a human and chat just hangs

wavesound
Tuning in

Need to downgrade due to finances. cannot reach a human and the chat thing just hangs and times out.

Shame I still remember virgin support as one of the best.

I've tried through the website  for a few days.

Also the service here in Penarth South wales has slowed to a crawl for the last month and seems there is no solution.

making us use the forums not really the answer

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wavesound
Tuning in

I have the same problem, need to change my package or terminate due to finances changing.

Cannot get to a human at all. there chat thing just hangs.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

wavesound
Tuning in

I have the same problem, need to change my package or terminate due to finances changing.

Cannot get to a human at all. there chat thing just hangs.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi wavesound 

I'm afraid the foruim team don't have access to the systems for changing or downgrading packages, or cancellations.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone, possibly longer now due to VM sending out ntifications about a future price icnrease. Phone calls take priority.

You can also try logging into https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and click on upgrade package (even though you are wanting to downgrade). There may be an offer there that you find suitable, and also possibly a link to the online chat messenger service.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey wavesound, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

As mentioned we don't and can't change packages via the forums.

We also have this link. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Virgin have changed us to 02, no virgin phone.

The automated system wont let me past the billing stuff.

Whatsapp: No answer since 24 hours.

Why can't we email you? fine with that.

GomezFiend1
Just joined

Yeah this is a joke now, I just want to cancel. These are one of the top 3 communication companies in the UK and they can't send you a text or an email letting you know that your contract is coming to an end and you're about to be charged 3 times as much for no reason 😞 Been trying to contact them for days before the increased bill was due now. The online chat button doesn't seem to work no matter where you try and start a chat. Trying to get someone on the phone is laughable - hours waiting times to be hung up on - currently on hold for 50mins yet if I ring wanting a new deal I oddly enough get through to someone straight away. That leaves what, writing a letter that you'll probably conveniently not recieve - should it really come to this? Again one of the top "communication" companies and I cant get in touch with them easily. Maybe ill try releasing 100 carrier pigeons. I can tell you what I am doing is letting the credit rating take a hit and cancelling my direct debit before these criminals can leech anymore money from me. As far as I'm concerned they should all be hung, drawn and quartered for the amount of stress they cause to people for something that should take 2mins to sort out.

yeah that link takes you absolutely uselessly nowhere as usual 😕

Sad state of affairs for a top communications company that the fastest method of getting in touch takes hours and doesn't even manifest with any actual contact at the end of waiting. Writings on the wall if you ask me. You do realise that people have lives yes? We can't sit for 8 hours every day trying to contact your company just to do something that should take 5minutes?

Hi wavesound, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

You can still telephone Virgin Media without having a VM Landline. The number is 0345 454 1111. In terms of charges, this will be dependant on your phone provider and their charges so it's worth checking with them. 

With WhatsApp, replies aren't instant and can take a few hours but it allows you to get on with your day whilst waiting for a reply.

We don't have an email address to email for queries such as this I'm afraid. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Boneywoney
Dialled in

I've been with Virgin since they started and having trouble getting to talk to someone has always been a frustrating and annoying procedure meaning I'm sure most people give up.

I called them a few weeks ago and miraculously actually got to talk to a nice Filipino lady who did her best to help once we got through the password obstacle which has never worked in all the years I've been with them.

She went off to speak to her boss to try and offer me a replacement for the Broadband and Mobile package which I wanted to terminate as the cost was becoming prohibitive, after about five minutes she came back and said sorry for keeping me waiting and went off again.  That's the last I heard from her so disconnected after approximately thirty minutes.

Wrote a letter giving a months notice of cancellation on the 8th September which they should have received at the latest the 11th September, not heard a thing so will let my next payment go through in a few days time then cancel my monthly direct debit whether they reply or not.