cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled VM broadband - all paid and late payment on credit score

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM is about to totally ruin my credit file, I need perfect credit history as moved house and setting things up. 

The credit reference is saying :

ORGANISATION NAME Virgin
STATUS 1 payment in arrears
ACCOUNT NUMBER **********7704

This means that the payment status on one of your accounts has been updated, and is worse than what it was last month.

I have never missed a payment in my life. I cancelled the contract end of last month, the kit was collected and told to just let them do the rest. I didn't cancel the direct debit awaiting final payment to come out.

The bill kept changing to pay now etc, so when eventually phoned up - the woman on the phone says doesn't know what is wrong. Cancelled the DD and took payment straight away by card to pay it off.

So why on earth will I now have a ruined credit file for the first time in my life because of this? It's not my fault VM didn't try and take the DD on time?

Please help? I'm so stressed over this now it's unreal. Shouldn't be put in the position by a company 😞

Cancelled on the 17th September, then have this (note I'd even paid on the phone before the 10th!)

Got these on email on 19th September:

Bill date: 18th September
£52.44
Direct Debit date: 10th October

Then it changed as got this on 30th September:

bill
£52.44
Bill date: 28 September 2023
Payment date: 28 September 2023
You've chosen to pay your bill by Direct Debit. We will request £52.44 from your bank or building society on or immediately after 28 September 2023
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello FumingGecko.

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about the mark on your credit file.

You'd need to speak to the Credit Amendments Team. Pop them a letter or email with the following information:

Name

Account Holders Name

Full Address where you had the services

A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file

Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The contact options are:

By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

As a rule we are unable deal with certain aspects of accounts on here. However I am happy to take a look and see what happened with the final bill if you like.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Send all these details by email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should respond on a 28day basis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

How easy are they to talk to? It as hell on earth to deal with anyone on the phone. Can't see I've done anything wrong here 😞

I don't understand how I can have a final bill dated 18th September saying DD will be taken on the 10th October.

Then another final bill on 28th September saying "Payment due: NOW" and no mention of DD date any more.

I paid by credit card on phone on the 5th October and woman on phone didn't have a clue why DD wasn't taken automatically as I'd not cancelled it.

For now a big red flag on credit file at this really bad time to have to deal with.

Hello FumingGecko.

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about the mark on your credit file.

You'd need to speak to the Credit Amendments Team. Pop them a letter or email with the following information:

Name

Account Holders Name

Full Address where you had the services

A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file

Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The contact options are:

By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

As a rule we are unable deal with certain aspects of accounts on here. However I am happy to take a look and see what happened with the final bill if you like.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you for this email address. I am in the same situation after cancelling services. I had reached out to virgin via phone (the advisor just muted their mic and left me for 20+min until I hung up and didn’t even attempt to resolve the issue) what’s app was useless and the online chat again useless. Everyone was saying they could see no issue and confirmed no payment was late. I had started to give up then I saw your post with this email. I emailed them and they have already replied and confirmed they have reached back out to Experian and equifax to remove the negative marker and should be updated within 2 weeks. Once again thank you! 

Hello DP92.

Thank you very much for your post.

Sorry though you had to get in touch by email with our underwriting team.

But the main thing is its now been resolved for you.

If you need anything else, we are here to help the best we can.

Gareth_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now sorted it as well - this morning can see the Equifax marker has changed, but have to wait for Experian as don't want to pay for live credit reports so awaiting a free one in the post.

Looks like its far from a one off - something needs to be done, the impact is massive on credit for those affected

I agree these seems quite a frequent issue, they really need to investigate the issue properly to avoid it happening, there is probably people out there that are none the wiser.

I have the Experian subscription for this month has had to generate a full report on short notices for complaint I have with the FOS. I can see it’s already been removed. I know the report is the important part not the actual number score but it’s crazy to see that missed payment dropped my score by 135 points.