cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement - Dad passed away

sreynolds
Tuning in

Morning All

My dad passed away just before xmas.  Would I have to keep the broadband account to keep his email account active for a while or is there an alternative ?

Thanks

S.

Broadband, Phone / O2 SIMO
Tp-Link, Deco S4, home mesh network
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @sreynolds,

Sorry for your loss, with this we would advise speaking to our Bereavement team, they can discuss all options to go about keeping this email open for you, you can reach them on 0800 952 2302.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @sreynolds,

Sorry for your loss, with this we would advise speaking to our Bereavement team, they can discuss all options to go about keeping this email open for you, you can reach them on 0800 952 2302.

Joe

Thanks @Joseph_B 

Spoke to the team on that number, very informative and useful.  For anyone else who has same question as myself.  The two options to keep access to the email account are,

1. I can close my dad's account and have access to his emails for 90 days following close of his account

2. Transfer account to my name on a monthly rolling contract and then close account at future date of my choosing. 

Broadband, Phone / O2 SIMO
Tp-Link, Deco S4, home mesh network

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's not a good idea to tie yourself to an ISPs email. I recommend setting up an email account - I prefer Gmail - and import into it the emails from your dad's account with auto-forwarding to Gmail for future emails.

Furthermore if your dad was a broadband-only customer I'd look for cheaper alternatives as the most compelling reason to be a VM customer is if you subscribe to a bundle comprising broadband, TV and perhaps landline as well.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on the matter sreynolds also please accept my condolences,

I'm glad the team were able to clear things up for yourself in a timely manner.

Do pop back up however if you require any further assistance,

All the best,

Kain