cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does Virgin supply a call blocker?

geriann
Superfast

i'm so frustrated my all the calls i get on my landline.

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

We always let the unknown & unexpected calls got to voice mail, now we have very few nuisance callers.

Number blocking is not so useful as the scam caller uses a new number ever day or every hour.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@geriann wrote:

i'm so frustrated my all the calls i get on my landline.

This is something you will have to do yourself through devices like trueCall

Virgin cannot do any call blocking themselves as scammers have the ability to clone genuine numbers used by legitimate companies & residential customers. This would stop genuine calls getting through with the obvious consequences.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Geriann 👋 Welcome back to the forum - Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear this feedback about the issues with your landline receiving unwanted calls. 

You can find a full list of our call features here 👉 Landline call features | Virgin Media Help . As other members of the community have already advised, we don't offer blanket call blocking, but we do offer blocking withheld or anonymous calls. Just let us know if you would like some help getting this added and we can send you a PM. 

You can also find some handy information about dealing with fraudulent or nuisance calls here 👉 Dealing with Fraudulent Calls & Vishing Scams | Virgin Media Help

Hope this helps! Wishing you all the best. 

Molly

On Virgin Media it says "We offer Anonymous Caller Rejection. This helps reduce the incoming calls from withheld numbers."
If that only blocks callers who call from an anonymous number then that wont help me, because 99% of the calls i get are from numbers that show on my landline phone's screen.

Truecall products start at £109.99p!!