cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does NG8 2SS change to Fibre phone

Twoknees
Joining in

My phone was unexpectedly cut off yesterday. Spoke to Customer Service who told me that I was switching to fibre.  I have had no letter, email or SMS reference this.  Advised that new hub and adapter would be sent and it arrived today.  Understand the changeover is being done by area but can't find out if NG8 2SS is now fibre ready or not. The whole thing has come out of the blue. 

Can anybody advise - have tried all sorts of Virgin Media contacts but none can give me an answer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Twoknees  With any new hub received, we'd always recommend changing over to it within 5 days of receiving it and ensuring you call the activations team on the number provided.

Regards

Lee

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Twoknees 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Basically VM do not know. All telecoms providers have had to put a hold on telephone conversions to fibre by orders from the government.  

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you.  What a nightmare it is getting information. 

Does that mean I do not have to do anything with the adapter and new hub Virgin have sent me.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s possible that the new hub has already been added to your account. I would try it and see.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @Twoknees  With any new hub received, we'd always recommend changing over to it within 5 days of receiving it and ensuring you call the activations team on the number provided.

Regards

Lee

Many thanks.  Will try it this weekend. I'm one of those that doesn't understand  hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks. Will do. 

And if you need us to investigate things Twoknees please do re-join us privately.

Regards

Lee