cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone changeover

Trebor6
Joining in

Spent three hours solid talking to four call centre staff in Cyprus and the Philippines yesterday without success. I was trying to book a new hub, my 2ac hub doesn't have a phone socket, and a technician to come out and install it as the hub is upstairs and the phone is downstairs. Promised a text message with an appointment time and date. Nothing!!!

The call centres new nothing about the email sent out to me and tried to charge me for a new hub, change my contract and generously offered to wave a £25 installation fee.

Come on Virgin, improve your communications

Please help, Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Trebor6 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

OK so you'd get the SMS when the visit has been booked, this can take a day or two depending on availability.

The charge - this is correct. We'd add the charge for the visit and then credit it back when the visit done. The reason being so we can document how many relocations / re-modifies of wiring there are due to the 21CV change.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Trebor6 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to advise you on the change over. 

Please let me know how the technician visit goes 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thank you for your help. Here is the update.

Chris the tech, arrived early on Wednesday morning, wired and fitted the new hub but due to outages was unable to connect the hub to the Virgin network. Therefore I was left without the phone or Internet! The Internet returned on Thursday morning but still no phone. Phoned Chris who arranged for another tech to come out on Friday morning. Joe sorted out the phone wiring and I now have both services.

Both technicians Chris and Joe were excellent, explaining how Virgin systems worked, or my case didn't!

I recommend these guys but don't recommend the Virgin call centres unless they are based in the UK.

Cheers

Rob

Hi @Trebor6 / Rob

Great to hear all sorted 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team