cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on home phone

khanry67
Joining in

I have no dial tone on home phone since yesterday.  I have cordless phones which are working. I have switched on and off base unit and unplugged it from the phone socket.  When you ring from a mobile phone you get an engaged tone.  I have tried to contact customer service obviously you cannot get through.  Could someone from Virgin have a look into this matter.

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for post on our Community Forums @khanry67, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the lack of dial tone on your services. 

Can you please confirm if the landline service is plugged into the master socket or an extension socket?

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected into the extension sockets?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David,

There is only one socket and it's the master.  I have checked the cordless base to see if it is faulty - wires etc but it seems to be working.  Unfortunately I don't have a corded phone to confirm if it is the cordless phones or the lines.  It was working fine Thursday evening as we had received calls and dialed out as well.  It was on Friday afternoon when I got back from work and tried to use it and noticed the fault.  I have trying to call customer service but no luck as the wait time is long and, there is no webchat so I could have logged the fault in that way!

Hey @khanry67,

Thanks for confirming this, I would like to look into this deeper with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a private message.

Joe

My email address is [REMOVED]@hotmail.com

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]