cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

SPvm
Tuning in

Hi, 

I recently ...4 weeks ago changed from hub 4 to hub 5.... phone was connected to hub 4 and worked fine. New hub installed phone connected to rear and phone doesn't work. Called VM spent 45 mins no solution just sent an adaptor I already had. Called again and told I may have wrong phone.... so bought different phone and still no success. The hub shows telephony as disabled, as on picture below... have been without a landline for a few weeks and it's getting painful..can someone at VM help?

Thanks

Sp

Screenshot_20230505_200012_Chrome.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is showing disabled then telephony has not been provisioned at VMs end.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SPvm

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some problems with your landline service. What happens exactly when you try to make a phone call?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks..that's what I thought,  but have struggled to get through the various technical advisers on the phone who rebooted, re started and told me the phone was wrong... sp

Hi Zach_R,

Very much nothing happens... no dial tone..and on phone with lcd display message to "check phone line".. as I said the router says the telephony is disabled... which I'm assuming may need a VM software update or remote switch on to work. 

Sp

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply SPvm. 

We will need to take a closer look in to this from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. 

The message will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat