cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous loud crackling on my landline on outgoing/incoming. Phone charged & all checks completed.

jimc8982
On our wavelength

Continuous loud crackling on my landline on both outgoing/incoming calls. New batteries inserted and phone charged, no obstruction on phone & wiring all ok. Never experienced any previous probs. Area code per VM clean. One line, 3 phones, 2 downstairs & 1 upstairs all displaying the same crackling issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jimc8982

Sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced, we appreciate the frustration and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Are you using the landline via a wall socket or the back of the Hub? If it is a wall socket, does it do the same with the phone connected to other wall sockets? If so, do you have an alternate handset you can try to eliminate this being the issue?

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jimc8982

Sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced, we appreciate the frustration and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Are you using the landline via a wall socket or the back of the Hub? If it is a wall socket, does it do the same with the phone connected to other wall sockets? If so, do you have an alternate handset you can try to eliminate this being the issue?

Rob

jimc8982
On our wavelength

My base station is downstairs in the hall (via a wall socket), an extension from this in the sitting room and a further extension upstairs in the master bedroom. I moved everything around to check all extensions/wall sockets etc with the same crackling noise (like treading on broken glass) occurring on all phones when phoning out or receiving an incoming call. All phones display a message "phone line needs checked". To a layman like myself this looks like a visit from a phone technician is required.

How do I contact VM to request a technician (it was VM who installed the sockets) for a home visit. 

Thanks for coming back to us @jimc8982.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn