cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline has stopped working since cancelling services

ritaowusu1986
Joining in

Hi all,

I cancelled my Virgin Media services on Thursday and was told by the agent that all my services would be disconnected on the 16th December yet my landline has suddenly stopped working but the internet and TV are still working. When I try and call my landline from my mobile it says "I have dialled an incorrect number'', which clearly indicates that the number has been disconnected.

I haven't given my landline number to another provider so I don't know why I have suddenly been disconnected... Surely that is not right or fair especially when the agent made it clear to me when I cancelled, that all my services will be working until the 16th December. What can i do about this? Can my landline be reconnected? The number was given to me by Virgin Media when I joined like 10 years ago...

Please can anybody help/look into this?

17 REPLIES 17

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ritaowusu1986, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about what's happened 😔

Do you have a dial tone and are you able to make outgoing calls? 

Advice on how to fix some of the most common landline issues can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi,

I cannot call or receive calls. As I said above, it is clear my line has been discontented by Virgin after I cancelled my services on Thursday but I was told my services would not be disconnected until 16th December (30 days after cancelling my services).

Hi @ritaowusu1986, thank you for your response.

Can you please try rebooting your Hub and let us know if that makes any difference to what you're experiencing?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi,

I have tried that and the problem still exists. It seems that you are purposely ignoring the fact that it is clear Virgin have disconnected my landline after I cancelled my services. There was no problem with my landline before until I cancelled my services..

Exactly!

My landline was working fine before I cancelled my Virgin Media services yet forum members are acting as if its some equipment/area issue when it is clearly not the case!

It's very disappointing because as you said, Virgin have no issue billing customers 

Yep, my situation is exactly the same - with pretty much radio silence from VM! I do have an engineer visit scheduled for Monday though so it will be interesting to see what they have to say... 🤞

Hi ritaowusu1986

I will send you a private message now so we can check if the landline has been disconnected early in error, or if this is still active on our side.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ritaowusu1986
Joining in

Please can somebody look into this.

Hey Rita, the engineer visited my property about an hour ago and as expected said that VM HAD disconnected my line!!!!! He said I had to go back to customer services and get them to re-enable it again because he couldn't.

I can't speak with anyone at VM about this and currently have just been disconnected from their live chat. It's absolutely disgusting how we're being treated. I've been without a landline since last Thursday and with people in the house who rely on the telephone it's simply beyond belief.