cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls

nigelhadley
Joining in

Last night I tried to call the US from my landline. The call was blocked. I called Virgin and was told I could not call the US on my "any time chatter" contract - which I joined in Sept 23 - I had no idea that was the case.
So I asked for the call bar to be lifted and was told it would cost £164 !

This is outrageous and clearly not a reflection of the effort involved in unbarring the call - it is a make money quick scam and it disgusts me that companies like Virgin (which used to be reputable) have descended to such low levels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome nigelhadley and glad that we could help to get this resolved for you 🙂

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello nigelhadley,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with calling the USA. 

I'm really sorry that you were told that would be the cost to remove the barring feature and there should not be such a charge added to your account. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome nigelhadley and glad that we could help to get this resolved for you 🙂

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Anytime chatter only includes UK landline & mobile calls. Everything else is charged at standard rates.

The last time I looked VM were charging 36p per minute for USA calls, so if you have a mobile check the rates from that as they may be considerably cheaper (GiffGaff only charges 3p per minute).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks