cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra telephone extn

Apple33pie
Joining in

Have recently moved and virgin say cannot put phone point in bedroom, which we previously had, this is needed for equipment my husband has you a heart pacemaker. The only phone connection we have is behind the tv in lounge. Help please 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are a new customer or a home mover, VMs “landline” phones now plug into their internet hubs, use 21CV digital lines & therefore no longer use phone sockets. 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

In the short term a long telephone extender cable perhaps not ideal I know.

Or a camp bed next to the TV ?  We shall leave you to judge if that is ideal or not.

It might be worth asking your cardio team if there are any compatible monitoring stations that use a 3G/4G mobile data link.

For the cardio teams (like alarm companies) the end of analogue telephone lines must be an issue that they are addressing.

I have and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) my monitoring station is the type with a 3G/4G mobile data link with a SIM card, my father in law has a pacemaker his monitoring station is also a 3G/4G mobile data type.  So they do exist.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Apple33pie, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a telephone point in your bedroom. As mentioned above, our landline service is now provided through the hub. Whilst we will do all we can to accommodate your requests, sometimes it's not possible. 

We'd like to take a closer look at this, get some more information from you and maybe even speak with the area manager to see what we can do but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs