cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency backup line

Rayrayray
Tuning in

IMG_0539.jpeg

Hi I received the attached letter from VM, asking me to book an engineer to replace my Emergency backup line. The engineer was booked and arrived today and said there is nothing wrong with the existing line. He also said nothing needs upgrading. Any idea why I was sent the attached letter? I am so confused  

kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two versions of the EBUL in circulation. The original version installed only had the capability of calling the emergency services & nothing else. The new version also allows customers to call friends & relatives as well as emergency numbers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rayrayray 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for any confusion caused.

I would like to take a closer look into this for you so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there 😊

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two versions of the EBUL in circulation. The original version installed only had the capability of calling the emergency services & nothing else. The new version also allows customers to call friends & relatives as well as emergency numbers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Here are the two phones.

V1

EBUL v1_50.jpg

V3

EBUL V3.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for posting the pictures of both models. I have the V3, I guess VM has sent me the letter in error. Thank you all for you help. 

Hi @Rayrayray 

Apologies for the delayed response, I only just picked up your message as I was offline. 

Thanks for confirming you have the up to date model - this will explain why the tech advised no upgrade was needed. 

Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

i received another letter from Virgin Media advising me to book an engineer for upgrading my EBL? Can you please update your system that I have the latest model. 

thanks

Hi there @Rayrayray 👋 Thanks for your reply. 

Sorry to see you've still been still getting letters regarding the back up line. I'll be happy to chase this for you to find out why you are getting this still.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules