cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly father's phone cut off with no notice or communication

Em5
Joining in

I am aware of the switchover causing issues, however I assumed that my father would receive communication to let him know about his options, he has no internet and relies on letters and calls to update him, he has received nothing.

He has also had the same number since since we had a phone installed decades ago, which is upsetting to him and is worried that all his friends and family only contact him via this number.

Does anyone know his options, I'm calling them tomorrow for him but wanted to see if anyone else had some experience on this.  It's not great customer service to say the least.

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Em5.
Thanks for taking the time to post on our help forums and for joining the community.
I'm sorry to hear what has happened with your father's landline due to lack of communication potentially, I'd be eager to have a look into this for you and see how we can best help out.

To do this, I'll send you a PM here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Roger123
Dialled in

Em5  from Roger 123  I noticed your email from Tuesday. I am so sorry that I cannot help you as my Wife and I who are both elderly and I am suffering very badly from Parkinson's disease only joined on the 2nd October, 2023. We have been mislead and confused since then and Virgin Media 'tricked' us into paying a FIRST bill of £313.12.! can you believe. Of course I paid this. Virgin Media will take any Customer owing something like £55.00. to Court!  Since then, Virgin Media 'gave up the ghost' with us and without sticking to the 28 day period for dealing with our complaints did not bother to check that the TRUE period was 23 days (that is EXCLUDING WEEKENDS!). I hope that this will cheer you and your Father up a little. Our whole experience dealing with Virgin Media since the 2nd October, 2023 has been nothing but a 'nightmare'.

Hi

Thank you for reaching out, so sorry that you have not had a great time yourselves on joining and especially dealing with ill health too.  Not a small amount of money to pay at all for a first bill, sharing your story does help, thank you.  We have had support on here, but no further forward unfortunately with reconnecting the line, frustrated but determined to get this sorted for him.

Hi @Em5,

I'm so sorry to hear of your ongoing issues. I can see that you've been discussing this further with one of my colleagues via private messages. If you haven't done so already, please respond to their last message there and we'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!