cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly father's phone cut off with no notice or communication

Anna161
Joining in

Hi, I am in the same position as your father re landline phone . Virgin told me that I have to attach the plastic junction to the wifi hub. Unfortunately I I have no idea what they are talking about. Apparently they send it to you in the post! I personally have received no information of any  kind from Virgin for many years. I am 74 years old. I have managed to get an appointment with an engineer to come with the plastic junction thing and they will connect it up. Hopefully you can get an appointment for your Dad to have that done. Keeping my fingers crossed for myself and for your Dad.

2 REPLIES 2

Em5
Joining in

Hi

Thanks for reaching out not sure if you got this sorted hopefully you did, great to hear you've got an appointment.  I have now been advised as to why he was cut off, but not getting any further forward with sorting it.  Sorry to hear you were in the same position, not having any information at all is quite confusing when the phone stops working.  Not sure if you are the same but he hasn't got the internet so has nothing for the junction to connect to as yet.  Apparently an engineer can sort this but still trying to get to that point.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

Hi there @Em5, thanks for reaching out to us with an update! 😇

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you are in. 😞
I can see you are in a private conversation with my colleague, keep in touch with them and they'll guide you through the process of how everything works.

Let us know how it goes and they will follow up anything else with yourself.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs