cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MW2 packet loss

locky1
Dialled in

getting constant packet loss with mw2 and before you say its a cod issue its not as others on different ISP are not getting it. My friend who joined Virgin from FTTP 2 days ago is getting it and is cancelling his line as its that bad. 

5 REPLIES 5

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Locky1,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I have checked how your connection is on my side, however it looks like there are no issues being detected, although I can see that you might have rang our Team recently. Were they able to resolve this for you since posting? 

If not and you're still having issues, can you let us know the following please - 

• How is your console/PC/Laptop connected to the Hub? 
  • Is it just MW2 you're having this issue with?
  • Are any other devices in the house having connectivity issues?

We're here to help 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

its wired directly with a 2.5GB ethernet port.
I mostly play MW2 so for me yes.  
yes all the computers have the same issue

Hi @locky1 👋.

Do you have any third party Hubs connected to ours, if so could you please remove them and run the tests again and give us information of the results. We can also see screenshots if you post them, just remove any sensitive data.

👉 Speed, Packet & Latency

Sabrina

tried all that. and tonight its REALLY BAD. 999 ping and constantly disconnecting. 

Sorry to hear this @locky1 

I have checked the systems I am able to whilst a hub is in modem mode and I cannot see any issues at our side that might be causing this either with your hub or within the area. 

Are please able to have solely our router within the network set up please so we can investigate this further at our side? 

You can also set up at your side a broadband quality monitor here and share the live link with us so we can see if anything occurs intermittently or is there are any patterns to any issues identified on the monitor. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley