cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub wont connect after loss of power

KHW1815
Joining in

This has happened on a number of occasions now and is infuriating. Anytime the power goes (we are on prepayment meters, occasionally forget to top up!) it takes a day, sometimes 2 days for the hub5 to reconnect. The light is solid white which supposedly means it's working/connected but it isn't. Cannot connect the box or our phones it just comes up with a 'weve found a connection problem' CS9995 or CS9996 and the problem is listed as 'your virgin TV box isn't connected to the WiFi network'. Well, you don't say!

I know that. I'm trying to connect. I've been through all the fix it things, resetting the hub, switching everything off and on (over and over and over and over again). Can't connect via ethernet cable - that has never worked despite the cable being properly connected. It shouldn't be this difficult. I don't know whether we have a faulty hub or something but it needs sorting, it's not okay to be without a service I'm paying for for however long it decides to be awkward.

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KHW1815 

Welcome to the community forum 

So sorry to hear of the issues you have with your hub 5 when you power goes off. 

I can see that you have been in touch with the team since and this all seems to be sorted from the last issue you had. 

I have double checked the system and cannot see any issues or reason why the router would not be working when the your power comes back on. 

When the issue happens again, please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

Let us know  how you get on and we can try check this in real time to see what, if anything, is happening at our side. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley