Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Packet Loss

adotmccann
Tuning in

Hi 

Basics -
Upto 250MB down / 25Mb Up
Router - Netgear XR700 (SH3 Used as a Modem) (No QOS Enabled)

Fault -

For a few weeks now I keep having intermittent packet loss. I have replaced different cables to check if the problem is CPE but this hasn't worked.
Ive now removed the Netgear XR700 and am back using the SuperHub 3 the issue is still present.

There is no pattern to the packet loss.

I had this a few years ago and a VM agent sent an engineer as they had seen my post through this community, that fixed the issue so I am hoping for the same result.

Any help?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @adotmccann 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband services at this time. 

I have checked the systems at this side and can see that this may have already been resolved for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

HI Carley

Following the visit, the engineer replaced the SuperHub

The issue is still present.

Is there any issues you can see?

Kind Regards

Client62
Legend

Here is a handy internet speed & quality test ...

https://speed.cloudflare.com/    

The test runs for a couple of minutes, bottom right is the packet loss test.

How much packet loss is reported ?

Hi @adotmccann 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

I have checked the systems at my side and cannot see any issues with your hubs specs or any issues in the area that might be affecting this. 
I can see that you've spoken to the team again since posting and they have made some suggestions and checks you can perform. 

Please do let us know how that went for you and if you can provide a broadband quality monitor we can check a live graph for any patterns and issues identified at your side. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley