cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing user names for two email accounts

RoadRunner75
Joining in

Hi Anna8, I am in the same position as yourself, quite a dilemma.
Did you go for this and if so was it successful?
Iam with VM and I cannot set up a new account on a new PC as it will not accept my password.
I can still send and receive emails on my old PC.
Like you it is suggesting I generate a new password, using in my case my gmail account for authentication purposes.
I hovered over the button agreeing for this to happen and then got cold feet, I did not want to get locked out of my account altogether or lose all my emails.
It would be nice to hear from someone who has done this and it worked for them.
Any help much appreciated.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RoadRunner75 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

It's a legit thing to do as the way we access Virgin Media emails are changing.

See more here - https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address

I'll send you a PM though to talk you through the change :).

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John_GS,
Thank for you your offer of help, but I must not have explained my problem very well which has lead to a misunderstanging.
My problem is I am unable to set up an email account in Outlook on my new PC  with Windows 11 using my Virginmedia Username and Password.I have tried many times bit it will not accept my password, which works on my old PC with Windows 7.
Reason being Virginmedia now has a new level of security,  a Multi-factor authentication(MFA) whicn needs to verify the password.
I am having a problem with this, this is where I need help.
Any help much appreciated.
Thank you.
RoadRunner75.

Good morning @RoadRunner75 

I've replied to your PM 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS,
Just to let you knows I am all sorted, the problems I was havung were of my own making.
Now sorted, all is well that ends well,
Wishing you all the best.

Hi RoadRunner75

Thanks for letting us know.

We're happy to hear the issue is resolved 🙂

Please pop back to us if you have any further concerns and we'd be happy to help. 

Take care.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide