cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Mail is currently unavailable

PDinternet
Tuning in

I received an email saying "Virgin Media Alert: Your Virgin Media email account may be compromised and you need to take action!"

I have no viruses and virus scan is not showing any problems.

I have tried the following instruction: "To unlock your mailbox, please go to Account settings. Then click the Virgin Media Mail settings tile. Next, click Generate new App password. Your account should then be accessible"

When I press "Generate new app password" I get the following message:

"Verify it’s you.  First, we need you to change your sign in email address to one that isn't from Virgin Media.  Then, when we send you a verification code in the next step, you'll able to access it from your alternative email address.

When I try to change my sign in email address I get the following message:

You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes.

However the problem is I am unable to check the email on my virgin account in the first place as I am locked out.

I need help from virginmedia to unlock my account so that I can get outlook working again.  This has happened before, is VERY irritating and affects my ability to go about my business. 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PDinternet  The email with the verification code is sent to your non Virgin Media email address that you have set as your new VM username.

If you are seeing the error message you quote before actually trying to change the VM username then something is not right.  You will need to wait for the VM Forum Team staff to respond here and advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Graham.  However, the error message comes when trying to change the username and I have not received a verification code.  I therefore need a member of the virgin media team to help.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PDinternet 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with this. 

I would like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM 📩 now.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs