cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Broadband via OFNL network

DrFishy
Tuning in

Hi,

I live on a new build estate serviced by OFNL. Virgin have announced a partnership with OFNL. Virgin has recently come to my village. Parts of the new build estate are showing available on the virgin broadband checker. Including the house next door .

However as I'm on a corner plot. my postcode is different and showing as unavailable on the post code checker. Does anyone know the best way to query this with Virgin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DrFishy
Tuning in

Spoke to the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 . They confirmed that service is available for my postcode. They transferred me to sales to place an order. Sales said that its not available in my arena. When i explained pre-installed team just told me it is. They said "i would just order with another provider mate" and promptly hung up the phone!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DrFishy
Tuning in

Spoke to the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 . They confirmed that service is available for my postcode. They transferred me to sales to place an order. Sales said that its not available in my arena. When i explained pre-installed team just told me it is. They said "i would just order with another provider mate" and promptly hung up the phone!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

A VM connection via OFNL (and lack of availability and lack of info from VM) does get quite regular mentions on here.

Try this past topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Does-VM-supply-all-house-with-OFNL/m-p/5429...

and the link from within the above

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/VM-Broadband-via-OFNL/m-p/5367024#M233571

for some background to VM and OFNL randomness

Hi @DrFishy 

Welcome back to the community forums 

So sorry to hear that we aren't able to install services currently at your property and if the sales team member was rude to you.

Normally, if one has not been out recently, the sales team can send a spotter/site surveyor to see if serviceability is possible. If this has happened recently and they have advised it isn't available the team wouldn't be able to assist further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley