cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reset password on secondary account

deepagan
On our wavelength

Hello,

My daughter has a secondary email account (@virgin media.com). She has been happily using this for her college homework etc. Suddenly she is getting the prompt to put her password in. On both MacOs and iPhone mail app.I know it is correct as i saved it in case she forgot. I believe there is no security question setup on it so no option to reset. When this happened before i as the main account holder was able to reset in the console but now this option has gone. Any clues as to what to do as she is getting stressed about not getting emails from her tutors.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @deepagan,

Sorry to hear this has been happening, I can see your currently in a private message with one of my colleagues, if you keep responding to them there, they will be able to assist further. 

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deepagan  If there are no security answers set up then the only way to change the password now is to call customer service and select the option for technical issues> email or wait until a VM Forum Team staff member responds to this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

deepagan
On our wavelength

Thanks for the quick reply graham, Just tried calling 150 but couldn't hear a relevant option, plus the battery on the house phone has died 🙄. I did try putting my security answer in in desperation but no go.I will hope someone gets in touch on here as i find the phone support pretty useless based on previous experience.

Hi @deepagan thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry that you're having problems resetting a secondary email account password.

Please expect me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you and get things sorted.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

deepagan
On our wavelength

Thanks Tom

Hi deepagan

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

If you do ever need anything, please pop us a post and we'll be more than happy to assist further

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

deepagan
On our wavelength

Hi Tom, Seeing as you helped me last time, could you please help again ?. Same account same problem which the telephone support team have been useless on. I can log into the secondary account now on my computer (not with the password they set it to, though I could at first) on the recovery email I set up (Gmail). My partner whose account it is hasn't been able to get her emails for over 2 weeks now. She did get a large amount of spam before it stopped working claiming her account had been hacked and displaying a previous password that was part of a data breach from virgin. Please help its driving us nuts.

Hey @deepagan,

Sorry to hear this has been happening, I can see your currently in a private message with one of my colleagues, if you keep responding to them there, they will be able to assist further. 

Joe

deepagan
On our wavelength

Thanks Joe.

deepagan
On our wavelength

The support on here is outstanding. I with the phone and online support could be as efficient and friendly.