cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email address hacked, need to reset password.

theruffles
Joining in

Hi,

My wife has a Blueyonder email address, which has been hacked, along with Facebook.

We need to change the password, but cannot sign in using this or the main account via the VM home page.

How can we change the password, as it looks like that the hackers have tried to set up bank accounts using this email address. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi theruffles

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened. 

Is the Blueyonder email address linked to a current active broadband account with us?

What error message are you getting when trying to change the password please?

Would you like us to delete the hacked mail account in full?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

Thanks for your reply.

We no longer have a home broadband account due to a house move.

The email accounts are still active due to having active mobile phone accounts.

The two email accounts are still actively sending and receiving.

Alhough, going through the Virgin Media homepage neither of the email addresses aren’t recognised.

Many Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @theruffles,

Thank you for coming back to us. As per our Terms and Conditions, if you're no longer a customer of ours and have closed your services, any emails linked to that same account will be closed and deleted within 90 days of account closure. There are situations where the emails that are attached to old accounts are still active and available to access after the 90 days, however, this means that the mailbox can be deleted unexpectedly any time after this. 

I'll be happy to look into this further for you and see if we can get you access to the mailbox temporarily so that you're able to move any important emails over to a new mailbox. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs