cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

This December, our broadband and TV customers without a subscription to Sky Cinema or Sky Sports are in with a chance of winning one of either: 

• 2 months free Sky Sports SD 
  • 2 months free Sky Cinema HD 

To enter, sign in to your My Virgin Media account and click on ‘View bill’, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Win a prize’— this is where you can open the present to see if you’ve won.  

If today isn’t your lucky day, you can come back and try again tomorrow (the elves will deliver one new giftbox each day). But please note, there is a maximum of one prize per customer. 

For our eligible customers who don’t have a Direct Debit set up yet but would like to play, you can sign in to your My Virgin Media account and click on ‘View bill’, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Set up Direct Debit’. From here you can set up a Direct Debit for your monthly bill. Once your Direct Debit is active, you’ll be in with a chance of winning one of our prizes when you return to your billing page.**  

*Terms and conditions apply 

**Win not guaranteed.  

Update: 

Thank you for taking part in this competition. Unfortunately, we have been made aware that some of you may be experiencing problems claiming a prize where the link may have been incorrect.

If you’re having this issue you should still be able to claim your prize by clicking either of these links:

Sky Sports URL - https://care.virginmedia.com/care/change-package/add-offer?u_journey=90025&p_tier=JB_2233&intcmpid=9...

Sky Cinema URL - https://care.virginmedia.com/care/change-package/add-offer?u_journey=90027&p_tier=JB_2233&intcmpid=9...

If you have any problems after following the above steps, please let us know here.

19 Comments
lsarcher
On our wavelength

Is this another Virgin Media left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing? Can't see any win link and am already paying via DD..........

RDF
Superfast

It says ...

"For our broadband and TV customers who don’t have a Direct Debit set up yet"

lsarcher
On our wavelength

Might want to re-read that first paragraph.......

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Nothing showing for me apart from manage direct debit and upgrade

Bid1
On our wavelength

I didn’t win. 

JSangra
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

It's only available for DD customers who don't already have Sky Sports or Sky Cinema, as that is what is currently available to win. Will see if we can get this post updated - apologies for any confusion.

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Thanks for the info saves me looking as already have sky sports and sky movies

Bid1
On our wavelength

Is this possible to win if you have virgin stream? 

Carlos44
Tuning in

Won the sky movies for 2 month but like everything associated with my account nothing put on😂😂😂😂😂👍

Bid1
On our wavelength

I’ve won the prize but when I press claim prize nothing happened? Anyone? 

tvfan
On our wavelength

Same here. Won 2 months of Sky Cinema. Tried to claim prize and nothing happened.

ImagineAMeme
Joining in

It'd be good if this actually worked. I won, get the email confirmation of order and no one seems to know what I'm talking about when I rang up asking why I couldn't access the channels. Even UK based retentions team had no clue about this, ended up (on their) advice going through the live chat, have just been told I need to wait -days till they are added. 2 hours or so of my life wasted trying to explain what this competition was to 3 different people. 

Only just renewed my contract, I'm still in my cooling off period, might have to use it because I can only imagine the chaos if I had an actual issue.

Bid1
On our wavelength

It’s rubbish! I used live chat.  Got transferred about 4 or 5 times. Then this person said I will get an email to confirm this and my channels should be activated with 2 to 24 hours and that was about 4 days ago. 
This is useless by virgin. Nothing new there. 

ImagineAMeme
Joining in

Anything from the community managers? This thread is literally on the front page of this forum and no one is responding

ModTeam

Hi all,

Thank you for taking part in this competition. Unfortunately, we have been made aware that some of you may be experiencing problems claiming a prize where the link may have been incorrect.

If you’re having this issue you should still be able to claim your prize by clicking either of these links:

Sky Sports URL - https://care.virginmedia.com/care/change-package/add-offer?u_journey=90025&p_tier=JB_2233&intcmpid=9...

Sky Cinema URL - https://care.virginmedia.com/care/change-package/add-offer?u_journey=90027&p_tier=JB_2233&intcmpid=9...

If you have any problems after following the above steps, please let us know here.

Thanks

ModTeam

blurworld
Tuning in

yep had no end of problems trying to get this added on to my package.

and after all that, the sky movies then stutter on the virgin tv go website (accessing via a laptop).  and the app is now now where to be found?

now i am being told by an agent that i need to login to sky.com website with my virgin details to access sky movies using a "login with virgin media" (no such link exists)?

Bid1
On our wavelength

I’ve given up! Bloody useless virgin customer service! 

blurworld
Tuning in

"Can you please go to sky cinema website and login to sky as a virgin media account holder, there you will be able to view the sky channels."

apparently that was the solution. seriously, i should sign into sky.com with virgin account details. Then i was told that was a mistake.

...currently been on hold on live chat for 2 hours.... not great.

"Sorry you're still waiting, we know this isn't ideal but we're getting there.
Just to be sure: Are you still okay to hold?
the Queue Update BOT
 - 20:01"

I think we won the booby (joke) prize... would of been better winning nothing!

Oops!

Looks like something's gone wrong.

We couldn't find the page you're looking for.

POOR... why would i want to sign up to sky cinema with you if this is what is being offered?

blurworld
Tuning in

after all the messing about, they still managed to overcharge me....for the free trial