Dialled in

PHIL1000_0-1687536862604.png

We're not in contact with VM, we're talking to an algorithm AI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PHIL1000 Incorrect. This community forum is run by Virgin Media staff.  It runs on a platform provided by Khoros.

Please read the FAQs linked to in my signature to find out more about how the Community operates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PHIL1000 Incorrect. This community forum is run by Virgin Media staff.  It runs on a platform provided by Khoros.

Please read the FAQs linked to in my signature to find out more about how the Community operates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PHIL1000
Dialled in

Then why are all Forum Moderator messages the same format. For all we know you might be an algorithm

PHIL1000
Dialled in

ps I'm pretty insightful myself.........

PHIL1000
Dialled in

I'm struggling to believe all the PMs and the insightful person advice is being issued by human beings. Call me paranoid, but I feel we are being led by algorithms and AI. 

[MOD EDIT: Merged]

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi paranoid phil 😃

VM, along with most companies do have templates for agent to use when responding to customers. The format is similar when using social media, emails, letter communications etc, so they all work of the same hymn sheet.  Staff do tend do add their own personal touch at times, and do deviate from the scripted responses.

You generally find that telephone agents also have scripted responses and formats they need to adhere to. 

You will though find that VM's  forum staff do tend to work out of the box and to find solutions to help customers.

VIP's (insightful persons) such as myself and @Graham_A don't work for VM and I can assure you we are humans. We have created our own individual "scripted responses" which we often use to reply to posts as a lot of the posts relate to the same issues, It saves me time typing out individual responses, and hopefully I don't make too many typos when not using one of my own templates.

I hope that yourself and all the other VM customers that are still having problems with their emails soon have full access again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@PHIL1000 wrote:

I'm struggling to believe all the PMs and the insightful person advice is being issued by human beings. Call me paranoid, but I feel we are being led by algorithms and AI. 

[MOD EDIT: Merged]

For all we know YOU might be an algorithm...

There's no way that the Forum Staff are AI... They get too much wrong.. 

It's a bit like the forums, they are obviously deisigned by someone who was on a placement for a weekend.  I would welcome some of it getting taking over by AI lol.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet Eh!

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PHIL1000 thanks for reaching out to us. 👋🏼

As the thread mentions, it is powered by Khoros but the forums page itself is ran by Virgin Media staff.
The FAQ page will assist in any other queries you may have.

Let us know how you get along.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs