Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

DDOS Attacks

Hello, I have recently been dealing with daily DDOS attacks. Is there any possible way I could change my IP address or a thing of this sort. I have no clue what I can do. I am with virgin but I know they provide state IP’s.

Radio021 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 dropouts

Hi all, this has been happening on & off for about 3 months now.To cut a long story short, there was a local problem which was fixed round about Christmas, problem went away for a couple of weeks & then started again but nothing on status to suggest ...

Screenshot 2023-03-01 101638.png
sousie27 by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gig1 business & 100mbps upstream

I've just noticed that VM are now advertising new upstream speeds on their business packages. My Gig1 is still running at 50Mbps upload and VM are now advertising 100Mbps. What do I check on my CHITA modem to see if I should be getting, or can get, 1...

eustas1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pods slow speeds with Xbox Series X

I’ve tried every available contact route, virgin, even contacting plume who make the intelligent WiFi pods to attempt to diagnose the issue. The Xbox Series X gets really slow speeds with the WiFi pods both wired and wireless (90mb down when before I...

Resolved! Virgin upload 0.00

I have had no Internet all day and all day yesterday. I called up he said "I've made some changes it should fix itself" it hasn't. My download speed is like 550 and my upload is 0.00 sometimes 0.01 if im lucky.... help

ThomasW1 by Tuning in
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi

I’m trying to order Wi-Fi pods but no body answers me when I phone or use WhatsApp my Wi-Fi is terrible when I signed up to virgin I was promised Wi-Fi pods included with my volt package 

Connect app not finding hub4

 Every time I try to use the app I get the message we cannot find your hub everything is working fine apart from the app and without it I’m struggling to limit my children’s access 

DD80CD36-57F8-424E-BCA8-5DA3A79A738C.png
Pip5 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need longer coaxial cable

I want to move my hub and need a longer coaxial cable. It seems impossible to contact virgin media directly as none of the selectable options contain this. I don't remember my memorable word so can't get through on the phone either. People seem to ha...

Bethe by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orange Light on hub box

Have an orange light showing on hub box and intermittent Internet access.  All my cables are correctly connected and I have performed a reset of the box twice but the orange light persists. I have checked for issues with connection in my area and non...

NJG75 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to 1GB, But yet to get the speeds

So recently due to my contract of 500MBPS Running out I decided to upgrade for just £8 to 1GBs. But I've checked my service flow and they're both showing my old speeds. I am yet to receive the new router (5.0), whilst currently having the 3.0 Hb. Gra...