Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Connection to hub 5

Hi since upgrading to hub 5 there is a long delay in accessing websites from a MacBook prosometimes the hub fails to find a service providertesting the speed (Speedtest app) when connected shows the speed is fine I didn’t have this issue with hub 3 o...

No WiFi connection

I recently installed a new Hub 5 but it won’t connect to my laptop. All of our other devices have connected including my wife’s laptop. When searching for the WiFi it doesn’t appear in the search. Please help!!

Nosey75 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tv broadband issues

On the system says that the broadband in area is ook in the area but there's an issue with TV and aim to rectify by 25th but I'm 99%sure my router connects to my TV box and gets the Internet from there as there's only one wire coming from the white b...

flashing green light help

hi, flashing greenlight since last night, rebooted and reset but no internet, no apparent issues in the area and techincian wont get here until the middle of next week, way too long, is there anything i can do to fix this issue. 

New router constant issues

So for the past few months since about November I've been having constant issues to the degree that I don't think I've had a week of consistent internet...A broadband assessment was run that concluded that I wasn't getting the speeds I was promised w...

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 10.50.38.png Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 10-48-14 Hub 5.png
fwme by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router keeps dropping

Any body has the problem with devices keep dropping signal from the virgin router. Been with them now for 3 months now and its the worst customer service and worst broadband i have ever had. Even sitting next to it it keeps saying no internet connect...

Ultra14 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

External work required?

Hey everyone,I recently signed up to VM as I was not happy with my other provider and an engineer visited my property yesterday on the 19th however was not able to do anything and said it was a “2 man job”, I contacted VM where they requested me to g...

infusion by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

connection stalls intermittently 24APR23

we had this issue 3 weeks ago, and it seems to have made a return today networking momentarily 'blips' and we lose VPN's or streams.If I switch to the continuous ping I run on days like this, I'm seeing the odd unreachable to Google DNS. my router or...

moof by Fibre optic
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

My setup kit

I have not received my kit and I think it’s been activated I didn’t get a letter from yodel to know about the tracking or whatever … I am not paying for something I didn’t receive… how do I get to talk to someone on a phone?