Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub5 Connectivty issues

Hi Guys After some help please.Just switched to hub5 and finding that connectivity a major issue.  I have wifi pofs on all floors ( 3 ) and main hub is not near any other electrical equipment. I'm finding at certain areas of the house my guest wifi h...

EthanH by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband & rain

Whenever it rains my broadband goes down. It’s raining now & on cue the broadband has cut out. While it eventually gets resolved, it’s annoying especially as I’m increasingly reliant on this connection as a disabled person living alone.

Wifi pod

Recieved wifi pod today. Plugged in and imediatly lost tv internet/network connection  (error code N27) Unplugged it and after a little while connection re-established. Remember having similar issues with the old boosters. Have other people had the s...

ibbotson by Dialled in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi pods

All 3 of my Wi-Fi pods stopped working (communicating with my router) 2 days ago. The connect app shows they are not connected. I’ve rebooted and reset my router a few times but no luck.some advice would be great.

TonyY11 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Connect app won’t connect to router

Hi I am  new customer, I have a hub 4 and an iPhone 12. The connect app cannot find hub. I’ve rebooted the hub multiple times, I’ve reinstalled the app twice. I have taken the private Wi-Fi address off on the iPhone settings.(and tried with it on too...

Resolved! cannot access hub

Hi! New user here. WiFi is working fine, but the Virgin app cannot find hub. Clearly hub is working, so what's keeping me out?

New WiFi POD won’t connect to network

Finally got my WiFi POD however it won’t connect to network. Did appear initially on the app but now it won’t activate or connect and disappeared from the connect app. Can any one help. I have done the usual rebooting everything and all settings hub ...

Gavcur by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router content settings

I’m a new Virgin Media customer and my new router is not by default downloading content without me, for example on an email, clicking on “download content” How do I change this setting so that all content is downloaded by default?

Sporadic speeds and connections

Hi, I've been having connection issues over the last week or so.I've stripped the network down to just the Hub 4, Wired laptop and a wireless laptop.Samknows has given me speeds ranging from 250 to 1145 at the router and anywhere from from 1mb to 30m...

Go2Matt by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos