Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

I ordered a router and it hasn't arrived.

Hi, I started a new contract for the Gig1 package and ordered the hub on 05/07/23 but have not received the hub or an account number so I cannot contact Virgin for help.I received two emails straight after ordering, one with the contract summary and ...

hppat by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 Wi-Fi networks with hub5 and google nest?

Hi. I'm installing google nest with virgin hub 5. All seems OK and new network running. But I seem to now have 2 Wi-Fi networks, one from the hub5 itself and one from the Google nest.  Do this conflict, or in any way impair each other?  Also, have di...

Huwes by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Connect app issues

The app has been updated today and now when trying to use the app it keeps saying Optimise your Wi-FiAccept this to run and it takes 15-20 minutes.Try using the app again and it comes up with the same messageAny advice as I now cannot use the app 

tom-t by Dialled in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to scan using connect app

App won’t let me scan round house, keeps says connect to hub ( which I am). Now approaching 48 hours of feeling shut out from communication with VM. I just need a pod for my kitchen… please

Lesley14 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No service

Hello,I have no internet since Wednesday  5th July and logged a complaint. Technician came in on Friday and he stated  there is a complete power loss and out side wire needs to be redone completely and left stating I should get a call before closing ...

amc1987 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Would like to upgrade to Hub 5

1GB customer with a hub 4. However, I'm waiting on a new router to arrive that has 2.5gb ethernet port and would like to make use of the hub 5 spec as well as wifi 6 (in modem mode).Tried to speak to customer service via the chat function but stuck i...

Constant Disconnection

I get constant and, seemingly random, disconnections. The log either indicates T3 or T4 errors, for example:- T3: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; (...)- T4: Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance op...

Tiaan by Tuning in
  • 35 replies
  • 1 kudos

Internet not working

Hi, my internet stopped working yesterday afternoon and still hasn’t come back on. I’ve got a technician coming Tuesday morning but I work from home so I don’t know what I’ll do if it’s not working tomorrow, so hoping someone can help here.  I’ve obv...

emma100 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Hub 3 - WiFi channels change back

I have the same issueWas more than satisfied for a long 8 years with my Hub 2 and would still use it but that was a time to change my package previous Friday.We agreed for a new price and finally new TV Box 360 as my Cisco TV Box, invented in 2010, d...

Yevhen by Tuning in
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos