Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 4 red light

Hub 4 red light flashing. All usual self-help tried e.g. cables, off and on, pin hole reset etc still no joy. Goes through boot up motions e.g. white lights and then as if at the point of final boot cycle red light of death again. No V6 either due to...

Psmiffy by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Messy technician left exterior cables not safe

HiI had my internet installed 17 April.Technician arrived and installed a cable from the exterior to the house. He left the cables on the midle of the entrance and drilled a wall.He didn't protect or hide the cables saying that on the next 3 days som...

Screenshot_20230530_200200_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20230530_200230_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20230530_200438_WhatsApp.jpg 20230530_193959.jpg
EduPais by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-fi booster not sent/received

Hi - posting here as I have given up on speaking to the VM contact centre...I have had a Wi-Fi booster added to my account (allegedly), the charge has been added but I haven't had any notice of the booster being despatched let alone received it. Not ...

bgr1978 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 4 keeps resetting wi fi defaults

Moved to 1G broadband a month ago and got a Hub 4.After getting it all working I changed the default wi fi SSID and password as all the devices we have are set up to use the wi fi logon details we had on the previous router.But in the last month the ...

guilbert by Dialled in
  • 156 replies
  • 1 kudos

Packet loss, slow speeds, dropping connection

For the last week I've had consistent packet loss ~10%, as well as reduced upload speeds and problems maintaining a connection. I am on the 500MB package.The virgin service-status page reliably shows "there are no faults in the area", however if I ca...

stom by Tuning in
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cabinet clean up update please

Hello,can a forum staff member please update me on when the clean up of cabinet will be done, the network team did half the job not the full job.I’ve becoming more and more gust rated as to how long it’s taken to diagnose the problem after 8 visits f...

Total outage in London N1

Again today a total outage.  Third time this week.  This has been going on for months.  All my smart devices are down and having to tether off my mobile 4G for internet - again.The Virgin Media Service Status page shows "no issues" with broadband, bu...

stannoo by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Network Area Issue

Hello Virgin Media,We have been suffering from an Area Issue since October 2022, the issue still has not been resolved.Why are we paying full price every month for a half functioning service? Please can you explain when this issue is expected to be f...