Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Legal randomly blocked

Virgin Media randomly blocked a legal website I regularly use for work. The website is vhhml.org, a database hosted by a university institution. I am an academic researcher whose work is heavily dependant on this site's resources. I've had two length...

Srassi by Tuning in
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

New customer broadband

Had Virgin installed last month (March 2023) and I’m sadly very disappointed with the promised speeds versus actual.Firstly - the Hubs light has never been white, I didn’t think it’s an issue- it’s a Hub 3. But as a NEW CUSTOMER why did I get a Hub 3...

AlMacd by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Modem/Bridge mode

I have just been set up having moved house and unable to get my eero system working in Modem/Bridge mode.  It worked fine in the old house but it seems to set up fine in the router mode, but as soon as I switch to modem mode the internet cuts off and...

Resolved! Wi-Fi pod question

I have received my new Virgin media Wi-Fi pod and I noticed in the instructions that you shouldn’t plug it into an extension. Does this mean a wired extension? I was thinking of getting an extension that makes one plug into two without a wire (if tha...

Odin5 by Dialled in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orange light and poor wifi

Hi, new to Virgin broadband and thus far very disappointed.Had my router delivered only to discover the coaxial cable from the front of my house has been cut at some point. Despite being told when I took out the contract that I would get an engineer ...

really bad wifi signal

I have just about had enough of virgin , wifi signal seem ok in the same room as the hub,although it buffers casting from my laptop to the chromecast device . the hub is connected to a signal booster in the socket to upstairs and each of the kids con...

RF Signal Not Detected

Broadband went down about 5pm (2 hours ago). Using Hub 3.0. Logging in to hub on browser and it is showing that there is no RF signal detected. Have reboot several times only for green light on hub to remain flashing each time. No area faults on serv...