Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Wi-Fi Issues, Disconnections etc.,

Having issues with Virgin Media Wi-Fi. Wireless connection intermittently disconnects, regardless of distance from the router. The router has been factory reset with no avail. Tried calling customer service but a 30-minute+ wait to speak with someone...

Resolved! WiFi 6

Good afternoon AllI have recenlty installed Superhub 5 (thank you Virgin). My laptop triumphantly announced we were using super-duper WiFi 6. However, my desktop - the instrument of choice for grunt work - states it is using WiFi 5.Can I adjust this ...

AS by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post-RS errors cause of performance issues?

Have had the M250 package for a while and in speed tests we generally hit the high speeds for download/upload. However, have noticed over the past few months that we seem to get regular issues with Teams calls freezing up at random intervals, website...

stv242 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another superhub 3 red light issue

Another instance of the superhub 3 having a permanent red light which has just started today. Internet is still working fine and the hub isn’t particularly hot. I’ve tried rebooting and the pin hole reset after reading other posts on the forum.Annoyi...

Arnie365 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Another Superhub 3 Red Light Issue

I've just been sent a superhub 3 to replace my Superhub 2. After connecting the cables it went through its reboot routine then after about 5 mins the only light on is the red light. Tried powering down a number of times with the same result. Connecti...

kenwilko by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi max pod ethernet port to router ethernet port

If your wifi pod signal is still weak can you connect an ethernet cable from your router to the pod. I know the pods have a ethernet port for devices like playstation but I was wondering if it can connect directly to routers ethernet port so the pod ...

Craig_ by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Power Cut last night. ( BD20 area 14 )

Good Morning,We had a power cut last night & relevant text from Power Grid, power back on & although Virgin Hub is on we have no internet. Tried resetting the hub & it is showing the white “on” light but no internet.Regards. 

Keltosh by Dialled in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos