Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Blackspot Wifi pod -impossible to get via call centres

Am trying to get a wifi pod to cover a blackspot in my house... Have used the VM app to test areas.I've phoned through to call centres maybe 8 times over the last 3 weeks asking to have a wifi pod sent to cover the blackspot in my house - my dining r...

Maddy5 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Superhub showing red light

Hi,My Superhub is showing a red light instead of the normal white light.However, my Broadband, WiFi and Telephone (plugged into the superhub) are all working perfectly.Any cause for concern please?

PaulCarr by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant Packet Loss

Hello, i have tried various avenues to get this issue looked at resolved and i seem to keep getting the same generic "Engineer will be out to fix this" I have had constant packet loss every 30 - 90 minutes for the last 2 to 3 months, i have been runn...

Connection but no internet issue

Within the few days (19th to today 23rd May 2003) I have been experiencing significant connection issues that appear hard to pin down.The symptons are that a device will be connected to the Hub, either by Wireless or by Ethernet, but have no internet...

Resolved! Media Connect can't find Hub4

Had VM for a week, all working fine - broadband, WiFi, TV 360, But I cannot get media connect to see the hub. It says it can't find the hub, goes through the installation, collects data, then says it still can't find it - even if I'm standing next to...

Re: How do I order the Wi-Fi pods?

Hi there - request for Virgin Media support.I made some changes to my account today and mentioned to the customer service agent my wifi is patchy toward the back of the house (Kitchen download is at 17mps and bathroom is 6mps).She said she could not ...

ColFB by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I move VM router to another room?

Hey guys.I am finally getting VM FTTP into my flat / appartment on the 17 JUNE. I was just wondering though instead of having my main router in the living room would I be able to have it in the office room where my PC and console set up is or will th...

colinreid by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos