Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Virgin Media Hub 3 Keeps Resetting

Hi!On the 19th July, my family's hub just randomly started resetting every couple of hours. We had an engineer out on the 22nd July, who came and replaced the hub and connectors. But the new hub is still doing the same thing. Every couple of hours or...

zep81 by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re printer

I put a message on re my printer not working after an adaptor was fitted (i cant find the original message)  We have tried entering the passwords into the printer and it still does not print  Its a Cannon TR4500  Can anyone tell me how to rectify thi...

brigantia by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Service status confusion

Service status says there are no issues in our postcode. But when I run a test it says there are. The 0800 number says there is a very complex issue (we have some Wi-Fi but no connectivity to devices). How can I have any confidence engineers are doin...

SSL and “Too many redirects”

Hi guysSince we had our broadband installed yesterday I’ve struggled to open web pages on my phone due to an SSL error and another one that displays “too many redirects the server stopped responding”Any idea of a fix? Do I need to go into DNS/modem s...

Jord9219 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network issues EH 54

Issues last night and this morning in EH54. Modem flashing white and "connected no Internet" message.  Tried ALL the usual - reboot, check connections, remove all devices, connect laptop via ethernet - with no resolution.  Unable to get an answer fro...

Speed issues/Downstream/Damage in the street?

Hi, hoping someone can helpOn Wednesday a different cable company were (badly) laying pipework for FTTP outside my house - they were angle grinding around the junction box in the street.Since then I have seen random disconnections/poor download speed...

Dan_F by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

intermittent internet connection loss

I'm into my 7th day of service and have had issues practically from day 1. A wired ethernet connection which I have had to add as a fixed ip address as it kept getting locked with "invalid ip". I have resolved this adding as a fixed ip.previouslt on ...

slimby by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi/Hub keeps dropping....arrgh!

Hi,Firstly this is more of a fed up, rant type post, so I apologize in advance.I have  Voltz 1gb package with the latest Hub, but over the past week, the WiFi & Hub keep dropping out. I read something in the past about using the Virgin Connect app, b...

Dash145H by Tuning in
  • 43 replies
  • 1 kudos