Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Pause device still active

Recently I noticed pausing device through the app is not working, I click the pause button and still noticed my kids still have access to the internet. And clicking on the pause button to pause you have to watch the 2 bouncing balls to stop bouncing ...

Mr_H1 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub3

My hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space there is a a drop out in wifi connection on all devices through out the day. Even after restarting ...

reg31 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi constantly dropping

Can anyone advise. I've been with Virgin Media for 4 years. For the past few weeks my wifi is stopping multiple times a day. This affects all devices, all mobiles, alexa devices and a brand new laptop. I work from home so its very frustrating! I have...

sazzle86 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet dropping and constant red light on hub

Hi I called last week as my internet keeps cutting out on both wired connections and wireless. It was during this call I noticed the usual white light on the hub 3 had turned red. I was advised this was normal and did they did the standard reset.  Th...

Virgin Hub 5 Flashing Green

On Thursday I had a new hub installed. It is now Saturday and the hub is still flashing green. I have had a technician come to try and fix it and they did nothing. What do I do?

How to order a pod

I had a new hub fitted last week but one room has  wifi reception of 23 mps, I have done all the checks with the Connect App but no change, How do I order a pod please.

Vinny66 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on router box

I have had a continuous red light on the router for the past 2 days.  I have rebooted the box several times and checked all cables.   The problem persists …can you help?

Brum by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless issues

Hiya, been a Virgin broadband customer for a few months now and had nothing but issues with the Wi-Fi. I r called their useless support line a few times and lost my sh*t with a few people but because ‘everything looks ok from their end’ I just go rou...

mizaru by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos