Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Issues on my laptop staying connected

So since I’ve changed over to Virgin. My laptop has been having issues staying connected. When it disconnects the option to turn on the internet isn’t there, and my laptop thinks I’m connected via Ethernet (says to plug back in connection)  The wifi ...

Cal303 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

red light on virgin media hub

Hi I have the same issue with my hub. I've tried everything that was said above but the red light is still on! This has been happening for the past 3 days, the internet is still working but I do not want to leave it any longer as I need my internet t...

Extremely slow broadband speeds

Hello, since yesterday, i have had random outages. I currently have the M250 package, but will suddenly get no higher than 3 mbps. I have rebooted and reset my router multiple times and made sure all the wires are in securely but to no avail. I have ...

Screenshot_20230912_011032_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230912_011044_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230912_013033_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230912_012107_Chrome.jpg
meeros by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi keeps dropping

Wi-Fi keeps dropping for seconds or minutes. Makes streaming a nightmare. Really irritating when trying to watch TV. In the last 30 mins connection has been lost 4 times.Had a new HUB 3 router and 2 engineer visits. The last engineer  said the signal...

Kalm71 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi pod removal

I was having bad connection and kept on connecting to the pod furthest from me. I accidentally removed the pod and now in the app says I have no pod to activate. How can I install the old Wi-Fi pod. 

Waqasb by Tuning in
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin hub4

My Internet keeps cutting out the ligh on it is dim white it then goes bright white then flashes for about 10 seconds gose back to bright white then dim white, it's OK for about an hour then dose whole thing again it has been doing it for a few days ...

is this a joke?

broadband can be fix in my are today  est till 4pm ???????!!!!! how  the hek i can work and what the hell i can do till 4pm? 

Viecha by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband Outage NP19

Hello,My internet has been out for a few hours now, ran the diagnostic test "routine" on my Hub3 and after going round in circles have ended up with this message "Sorry we cant run a test on your services right now".Hub is just sat there with it's li...