Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

New hub now pod doesn't work

I am so cross about this. I phoned to do a new contract and agreed to new hub etc. I said will my pod still work, yes he said. Of course it doesn't and from what I can see on here it never will until VM do something their end.So if VM are reading thi...

johnsusan by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 keeps dropping connection

I've recently upgraded to the hub 5 as part of an account migration and I'm using it in modem mode. I've previously had the hub 3 and hub 2 running this way with no problems. The hub 5 is randomly dropping internet connection for a couple of minutes ...

ZuIsIdle by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! internet connection

Hi I have been having issues with the internet connection, it keeps loosing connection on off on off for 11 days now. I live in Cardiff.

cindy62 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet drop outs

Hello. I keep having internet drop outs at roughly 9-10am most morning for the past week. I have been checking the status report for me area and it does say tv and broadband issues in my area.The issue is the fix date and time keeps changing every 24...

Urgent - need booster

Hi there,I’ve been having numerous issues getting a pod ordered despite my wifi not reaching a large part of the house. I’ve spoken to someone on Twitter and am hoping this can be resolved as soon as possible. Please can someone assist with this toda...

high ping and latency hub 3

i have been have problems with high ping and latency for the past month,  i have already had a technician out and he replaced my hub 3 with a new hub 3 and i told him i was getting high ping and i am still having these problems i have been with virgi...

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png
chris114 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very Slow Network speed

I recently subscribed to M250 fibre broadband which boast of speed ranging between 264 - 276 Mbps. Sincerely, It takes ages to open the virgin media website page, experiencing such on all my connected device. My mobile network is way faster than my b...

Internet and Wi-Fi drop outs AGAIN. [COMPLAINT]

I wish to make a complaint for a VM rep to respond.Over the past week, I have been experiencing Wi-Fi and internet dropouts from my Hub 3 (on a 250Mb connection) which normally occur in the evening for anything between 5 minutes to 30 minutes, as sho...

deans6571_0-1695112117061.png deans6571_1-1695112199813.png deans6571_2-1695112255070.png deans6571_3-1695112319475.png

Resolved! Broadband cutting out

Had broadband cutting out issues daily since xnas 2022Latest communication stated that network work completed to fix issue However still cutting out

Mikrik7 by Tuning in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos